Workers Compensation

Our lawyers can assist you in obtaining compensation for work injuries.  We understand the Accident Compensation Act 1985 (Vic) which governs how the employer’s insurers deal with your claim.

We can help you with the administrative steps of dealing with your claim with the Victorian Workcover authority also known as Worksafe Victoria.

Our lawyers can help you resolve any disputes by representation in the County Court or Magistrates’ Court.  Most matters are dealt with in the Magistrates’ Court since 2010, with the exception of serious injury certificate applications and Common Law Damages Claims.

If your injury occurs at work or has been aggravated or exacerbated at work then you have a valid workers compensation claim

We will ensure that you receive your entitlements for weekly payments for incapacity, medical and like expenses and lump sum compensation.

If you are injured after April 2010, you should contact us to allow us to check your entitlements.

If your weekly payments are terminated then you have a right to appeal and/or take the matter to a conciliation conference.

Workers who have a permanent injury can claim a lump sum of compensation under section 98C if their impairment is assessed medically as being greater than 10%.  We can help settle the claim outside the Court or negotiate with the Accident Compensation Conciliation Service.

You should see us before agreeing to anything with the insurer in relation to permanent injury compensation.

If you are injured at work then you should report the injury to your employer immediately and then call or see us for advice.

See our costs information in our website.  No win No fee is available in most cases.