“Scale” charges are set by the Government and are listed as part of the regulations to the Acts of Parliament that govern the laws for your particular case. The State Government of Victoria sets a “scale” of fees that they feel is reasonable for a particular legal service.
Court Litigation (Including VCAT)
- Solicitor Rate $232 per hour
- Partner Rate $275 per hour
- Solicitor and Partner $224.50 per hour
- Fixed Price set at initial interview
County Court Litigation
- Solicitor Rate $275-$400 per hour
- Partner Rate $385-$650 per hour
- Solicitor and Partner Rate $330-$660 per hour
Others may set fixed prices. Please compare
Fixed price legal services
Scale rates for ALL matters
Fee Deferment until settlement in some cases
Legal Aid assistance where applicable
No Nasty Surprises
Open ended legal bills
Hourly rates – but who is doing the work?
Pay as you go
No legal aid
By continuing to charge at government scale rates we at Bayside Solicitors are very much in the minority now, in comparison with the accelerated costs of most of the legal profession, you get the same service. Call us now to discuss how our fee structures can assist you in pursuing your rights.